Sending a Web Page From Your Computer to Your PhoneSending a web page from your computer to your phone (or from any one computer to another) is a two-step process:
- First, use the Link Sync bookmarklet to bookmark the link (a.k.a. "push" the link)
- Next, click a generic bookmark on your phone or other computer that will automatically redirect to the most recently bookmarked link (a.k.a. "pull" the link)
Pulling a URLTo pull a URL, bookmark the following link. I recommend naming it "Link Sync Pull":
In order to bookmark the pull URL, I recommend bookmarking the page you are on right now, then editing it, once added, to replace the word "docs" with the word "pull". (Trying to view the actual pull page to bookmark it won't work, since you'll be redirected immediately.)
Pushing a URL with the Link Sync BookmarkletYou must login first to ensure the links below contain the proper token for your account.
This is the recommended method for bookmarking sites as it provides the most features, and is also the easiest to use.
Once you are logged in to Link Sync, drag and drop this link to your toolbar (or add it to your Favorites): Sync Push
You can now push a page to Link Sync by clicking on the bookmarklet. I recommend naming the bookmarklet "Link Sync Push", or simply "Push".
Setting up the Link Sync Bookmarklet on an iPhoneYou must login first to ensure the links below contain the proper token for your account.
- Open this page on your iPhone. You can use Link Sync to easily push this page to your phone ;-)
- Bookmark the page
- If you're having trouble figuring this out, check out this link
Viewing Your Bookmarked URLs
- All your bookmarked URLs can be viewed by logging into Link Sync and clicking the Links link in the menu. You will probably want to add a bookmark to this page to access it easily.
- When a URL that was pushed to Link Sync is viewed via the "Pull" URL, it is marked as viewed. If no unviewed URLs remain from the prior 24 hours, the main Sync Link links page will be shown instead.
- Also, if you view the Link Sync "Pull" URL twice within 5 seconds, the second request will redirect you to the Link Sync links page, even if you have unviewed URLs.
Mobile View | Full Screen